VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a movie theater resolution movie (632x258) that I am chopping up into highlights. The first problem is every program I've tried exports with a 16:9 ratio. Next, the movie is 800mb but when I export a clip a fraction of that size it ends up near or over 800mb with horrible quality.

Right now I am using CyberLink PowerDirector Ultra Version 8. I know converting and different codec types are involved but I just don't know which and the right process to go about this. I have virtual dub and some other converting programs but like I said I'm just lost in a forest here. I have experimented a lot with different file types but I can only go so far in the dark.

I think my problem involves a few different subjects so thats why I just put it all in here. I can switch editing programs if that is necessary (I don't even like CyberLink but it's the best I've found so far). I can provide specifics if need be and any help would be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by a404j View Post
    I have a movie theater resolution movie (632x258)...
    No you don't, not even close. What you have is garbage made by someone that doesn't know the first thing about encoding.

In what format is the source? XviD or DivX AVI? If so, open it in VDub(Mod) set video for direct stream copy, set the in and out points and save the piece(s) you want. Or are you trying to convert this thing to some other format. Your post isn't very long on specifics. Maybe post a GSpot or MediaInfo pic if you don't know what you're dealing with. And tell us the output format you want. Same as the input?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Here are the details I got using MediaInfo

All I want to do is cut certain segments out of the video and edit them while keeping the resolution with the same dimensions and quality. I don't care what the output format is because I will be uploading this to youtube. I just want to maintain the quality. I know there will be black space above and below the video on youtube, but I still want the video to maintain it's original ratio for my personal use or if I send it to somebody.

I'm not sure if VirtualDub has all the video editing options that I want. I plan on overlaying music for some transition points with some fade into black spots but that's about it. The video editing programs I've tried focus more on the ridiculous kiddie transitions and lame effects than doing the simpler things more precisely. Plus they export with 4:3 or 16:9 ratios which irritates me. I'm all ears if you know a decent program.
    Quote Quote