VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Folks

I need a little Software Help!

I'm looking to edit a bunch of compiled video to make a DVD. Camera is a Sony Handycam that uses MiniDV tapes. I've got a few tapes worth of footage that I want to edit and sort. I am using Windows XP.

Question - What is a good software program to use?

I make one or two movies a year so I can't justify spending a ton of money on software, but I'm looking for something easy to use. I want to be able to make a main menu, a few different sections, the last one being a slideshow with music, and use a little slowmotion if motion possible. I have Windows movie maker but there must be something better out there.

Free software is ideal, I know there is a lot of it out there... Just wondering what people thought was some good free (or close to free) software for what I'm looking to do, it's not very complicated.

Thanks a LOT - any help is greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you go to the Tools section(located to the left of this post under LISTS) of the website and look at the DVD section it will show you a list of tools used and a description of each to give you a idea of what your looking for and a price range(free-$$$$). Welcome to the site.

If the light ain't Bright, It ain't Right!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks.

Anything specific to recommend? I love that there is a list of 45+ editing programs and I hate when people come on forums and don't search, (but i did I swear!).

Just wondering if anyone has first hand experience with something they really like... pretty sure I fall under the "basic" category?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sony Movie Studio has basic to moderately advanced functions with a linear timeline editor. Download and install the demo version and see what you think.
    Quote Quote