VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When trying to burn a DVD with Magix Photostory CD/DVD 8, I continue to get an encoding error. The following is the last lines of the log for 2 separate attempts:

078: Step 4 of 6, Creating DVD image...Error: 84F
    468: MDA reports error 0x84000fb4 - read file from source failed

656: Step 4 done
    656: ERROR: PrepareDVDVideoFiles() failed with errNo 5 - encoding failed
    781: !!! DBK error in BurnProject: 45 - movie encoding failed !!!

I've tried several changes/adjustments to my transitions, photos, etc, but get the same results. I have 130 photos plus transitions & music. My burner will copy another DVD so I know it is working properly. I have uninstalled & re-installed Photostory but doesn't change the results. I've struggled with this program for weeks! Does anyone have a suggestion about how to correct this?? I've sent requests for help on their forum but they don't respond. Their forum has over 4800 requests....less than 900 have been answered. Some questions are over a year old. How does this program get a #1 rating with zero customer service?? Does anyone have experience with this Magix program? I appreciate your help.

My computer:

Dell DHP , Win XP w/svc pack 3
    Pent 4, 2.8 GB 1.5 GB RAM
    250 GB Maxton HD, 500 GB Seagate ext. HB
    Sony DRX-840U DVD/CD rewritable burner
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Online ratings are like testimonials - the only good use for them is to print them out on toilet paper, then use them wipe yourself. Other than that they have little value.

At a wild guess it doesn't like one of your image files, but that is just a guess. However the only way to find out which is to remove them one at a time and try again until you have found the culprit.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your response, guns1inger! Does the error message indicate that its a pic causing the problem & not a transition or the music track? Looking at the error message, it appears to me that the problem showed up during step 4 in the 1st run. But in the 2nd run, step 4 was completed, indicating to me that there is 2 different problems??
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If Magix has it's own built in "burning program"....I'd find a work-around and make it give you
    DVD Ready folders.....then burn with ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote