VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I copied my 30 minute VHSC Tapes onto a DVD using a Panasonic DVDR. The DVDR created two folders on the DVD: VIDEO_RM and VIDEO_TS. I'm trying to post my video online and don't know what I have to do to get the files into the proper format so that I can import them to Microsoft MOVIEMAKER so I can edit them down to a smaller length to be able to upload them online.

Thanks for any help.

PanMan

The VIDEO_RM folder has following files:
    Video_MN.DAT 2KB
    Video_MN.IFO 2KB
    Video_RM.BUP 32KB
    Video_RM.DAT 1,024KB
    Video_RM.IFO 32KB

The VIDEO_TS has following files:

Video_TS.BUP 12KB
    Video_TS.IFO 12KB
    Video_TS.VOB 160KB
    VTS_01_0.BUP 36KB
    VTS_01_0.IFO 36KB
    VTS_01_1.VOB 296,320KB through VTS_01_9.VOB 296,320KB
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use vob2mpg on the dvd and then try import the mpg in moviemaker. You probably need a mpeg2 decoder installed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks! It worked perfectly.

Now I have to figure out how to get rid of the audio from the video so I can put in my own audio track. Suggestions?

Also, is the additional functionality of VOB2MPG Pro worth the price. Any thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For general title extraction, probably not. If you need occasional chapter extraction you can use DVD Decrypter first or use DVD Shrink to get the chapter into a VOB, then use VOB2MPG. If, however, you need DTS or LPCM audio, or you do a lot of chapter extraction, it may well be worth the small fee being asked.

That said, even if you don't need the extended features, but use the standard features regularly, you might choose to pay for the Pro version just to keep the developer going.
    Last edited by guns1inger; 10th Apr 2010 at 21:54.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote