VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    copy blu-ray movie with hauppauge pvr from ps-3 [old or slim]. Set ps-3 to output only 1080i video & set audio and video to output from component . Set pvr to 13.5 mbs capture -all other settings default. I also use hd fury 2 so that I don't have to keep switching from component to hdmi for playback- so I DON'T SET PS-3 TO COMPONENT OUT- instead leave output at 1080i and hdmi. This is not a must but an added benefit with a slightly better copy. The hd-pvr copies your movie in real time- creates a single m2ts file. I send this file to desktop -then rename to movie name. Use BurnAware free version 2.4.5 - select blu-ray - make data file. Drag m2ts file to program from desktop and use verbatim bd-re [if another movie is on disc select quick erase disc] Burn movie . When done the disc will play on ps-3 and with options button you can copy to hard disc.
    I also used Roxio creator basic v9 that is included w/my laptop. If you use Imgburn the ps-3 will only recognize a bd-r disc not the bd-re disc. With imgburn software you use -write files/folders to disc setting . Put m2ts file in folder -drag to program. I have had some success w/ClownBd but audio playback has to be converted to ac3. On that note audio is only 2 channel pcm.

HP Pavilion dv-6605us
    1.83 gh dual core
    LG blu-ray burner external esata to esata card bus external power supply wd 500 gb hard drive -have loaded movie files to hard drive at 18 gb -I have currently 17 movies on ps-3 & room for approx. 20 more
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what, if anything, this has to do with DVD Authoring. It seems to be a guide, of sorts, for making inferior digital - analogue - digital copies of BD discs, although I question some of the methods used.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not authoring. Moving to Software Playing Forum.
    Quote Quote