VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I definitely tried searching the forums for posts about this problem before posting myself, but I wasn't able to find clear information.

Problem: using AVStoDVD I was able to make a DVD that played fine in an Xbox 360, up until a point, where the video would halt for a split second, every few seconds, making for a very "jerky" playback experience.

From what I've ascertained, this could be a problem with field order, but I couldn't figure out what that is after looking through the forums. Or, I'm encoding at too high a bitrate. Or, I'm encoding at a different frame rate from the original source file.

I tried playing the DVD on my laptop's DVD player software, with similar problems, but not nearly as bad as on the Xbox 360. Finally, I tried playing the DVD on a standalone DVD player with no real problems to speak of. Is it possible that the Xbox 360 just can't handle the highest bitrates that I've selected?

Maybe others have had similar experiences when playing their home-made DVDs on Xbox 360?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unless the original source had some very funky field orders going on or you have joined two clips with conflicting field orders, it is unlikely that the field order would suddenly change mid clip. Also, incorrect field order produces a very obvious effect during action scenes that isn't jerky in the way you describe.

The fact that this play back differently on different players makes me think it is more related to the media and the burning. You have said what brand or media you are using, or how you are burning the disc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote