VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. A friend recently gave me an dell monitor which has dvi-d and d-sub(hd15) connections i want to use it as a tv....i've been to a pc store 3 times now looking for the right cords...1st they sold me a vga to vga witch was useless i only could watch dvds on my laptop on the monitor...2nd time they sold me an vga to rca(red,yellow,white) adaptor (females) i had to by the male parts also...useless...i tried to plug it up 2 my dvd player and it didnt do anything....3rd time they sold me an hd15 male to rca (red,blue.green)cord....I got basic cable right now so no box plan on having a box buy this friday...what time warner box should i get? Someone pleaseeeee help im stressing and missin all my tv shows =(
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you're getting a HD time warner cable box all you need is a dvi to hdmi cable. the hdmi would be on the hd time warner cable box or you could use the component connections. i don't think the lcd monitor you have has component output/input. post the model of that dell lcd monitor which is helpful for others to assist you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I put all the info on my profile....but ok thanks i will try to put pics upClick image for larger version

Name:	0325001737a.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	1125
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just buy a dvi to hdmi cable if you're getting a time warner high def. cable box.
    Today's deal at monoprice.com is HDMI 3FT cable for $1.82
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024008&p_id=...seq=1&format=2
    Quote Quote