VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey.
    I am new at this stuff and i need to know if i can record with my pioneer dvd recorder, an av channel from my tv? I wanna plug in a gaming console and record it through the av channel. I dont want to plug the gaming console straight into the recorder coz it is slow and not resposive on the console. It lags. So i wanna be able to play it through the tv while recording so i can watch the av channel with no lag rather than the dvd recording channel thing with lag. Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does your TV have a video out port ? Most older TVs have multiple inputs, but very few have video out. I am surprised that the recorder would produce such a lag on your console.

Depending on the type of connection, you might be better off getting a simple cable splitter and running one side through to the TV, and the other through to the recorder.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Does your TV have a video out port ? Most older TVs have multiple inputs, but very few have video out. I am surprised that the recorder would produce such a lag on your console.

Depending on the type of connection, you might be better off getting a simple cable splitter and running one side through to the TV, and the other through to the recorder.
    No my tv only has audio out. I was looking at splitters but i just seeing if there is a way without buying anything. Thats why i just wondering if i can record the av channel on the tv. The lag isnt that bad, it is like tiny bit but you can tell the difference. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you can't get the video out of the TV, how would you record it ?

Depending on your connection type, the splitter should only cost a few bucks.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what you're asking, but if you're asking if you can record RF from your gaming console while running A/V cables directly to your TV the answer would be yes if your game console has RF out and your Pioneer has a tuner that can tune that RF channel.
    You'd get better quality feeding your DVDR with line outputs(from your game) but if your game only has one video line output you'd need a amplified video splitter, which may incur even more lags. You can split audio with a simple Y cable, but if you do that with video your picture will suffer(mostly be darker). That's why you'd need a video amplifier to overcome the loss.
    Quote Quote