VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have a Samsung HT-X250 DVD player. Some time ago I successfully entered the multi-region hack that is mention on this website. I know need to know is there anyway of reversing it? Any DVD now entered says "incorrect region" Can someone please help me, I just want to restore the factory default region of region 4.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The player may be going bad. In the future my advice to you would be to NOT buy Samsung players. Samsung DVD and BluRay players are among the most difficult in the world to make region free. Sony are also very difficult to make region free. You are just asking for problems in trying to make those players region free.

I looked at the hack and it's impossible for me to say with certainty how to undo it. A guess is that if you replace the final digit (9) with the desired region (I guess that's 4 for you) and enter that code, it might do the job. Or it might not. It could do nothing or even make things worse.

I've heard of region 1 discs that don't behave correctly on region free players due to RCE, but a region 4 DVD should not result in an "incorrect region" message on a region free player. This is why I think your player is simply going bad. It happens. Today's DVD players are rarely built with quality components and they are basically expendable. If you get more than a few years out of them, you've done well. Many consumers don't know this, but today's DVD players need to be kept in places with a lot of open air so they can air cool. Many people keep their players in home entertainment centers that have closed walls and are actually quite bad for the players. Heat damage is inevitable over time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply. Yeah I tried replacing the (9) with a (4) before I posted the thread with no such luck. The machine will play older region 4 discs, just not new ones.
    Quote Quote