Hey!

Hopefully someone can help me with a problem I've been having lately with MeGUI.

The problem is that the encoded videos stutter/slows as if you're playing a game with a low frame rate. But there are instances of it returning to normal, sometimes for as long as a minute, before the stuttering resumes. It is completely random throughout the entire video. Stutter, normal, stutter, slow, normal. The source I'm using is a blu-ray m2ts file.

Up until recently, this hasn't been a problem at all. I've been trying to bitstream HD audio via HDMI and have been doing a lot of uninstalling/reinstalling of ffdshow, reclock & MPC-HC whilst also registering/de-registering stand alone filters. The problems with MeGUI, however, didn't coincide with what I was doing, in fact I did more than 6 successful, flawless encodes whilst I was doing all of this. The problem only started recently

I've done the 4 encodes with the same avisynth & x264 encoding settings with 2 different sources both with the same results. After the first bad encode, I thought it was because I didn't use the clever anamorphic encoding option, instead just leaving the video uncropped & untouched with a 1920x1080p resolution (which resulted in a MUCH faster encoding rate- from 16fps to 27fps on FP and from 6fps to 10fps on SP- why is that?). The next try, I went back to my old method of CAE with a mod16 resize resolution of 1904x1072p. I had the same result after encoding finished once again: slow stuttering video.

As you'll see here, my avisynth scripts are quite simple:

# Set DAR in encoder to 16 : 9. The following line is for automatic signalling
global MeGUI_darx = 16
global MeGUI_dary = 9
DirectShowSource("E:\Blu-Ray Rips\PITCH_BLACK_G51\BDMV\STREAM\00037.m2ts", fps=23.976, audio=false, convertfps=true)
#deinterlace
#crop
Lanczos4Resize(1904,1072) # Lanczos4 (Sharp)
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\UnDot.dll")
Undot() # Minimal Noise
That is obviously with CAE enabled and I will note that this avisynth script has NEVER failed before recently. I really have no idea what the problem is, although I am fairly certain it's not related to CAE because I have since found a small m2ts file I use for encoding tests with MeGUI which takes only a few minutes to encode (as opposed to waiting 8+ hours) and with either it enabled or disabled I get the same result.

The following are my x264 encoding settings, which I will also note has been used for dozens of encodes with no problems and it has not been changed:

program --profile high --pass 2 --bitrate 10000 --stats ".stats" --thread-input --keyint 240 --min-keyint 24 --bframes 5 --ref 6 --me umh --direct auto --subme 5 --partitions all --output "output" "input"
I need someone with greater knowledge & expertise to help me with this. I am fairly certain nothing is wrong MeGUI itself, but rather it's a codec problem with ffdshow or perhaps elsewhere. I do not have Haali installed but have, like I said above, managed successful encodes without it. I have ffdshow 3336 & reclock 1.8.6.6 installed and with these stand alone filters registered:

Matroska muxer
Matroska source
Matroska splitter
MPC - Mpeg source (gabest)
MPC - Mpeg splitter (gabest)
MPC - Mpeg-2 video decoder (gabest)
MPC - Video decoder

MeGUI asks me if I wish to use ReClock with ffdshow when I try to create the avisynth script, and I say yes (it has worked before). I am at a total loss to explain why this is happening all of a sudden. If someone could help me identify the problem, I will be very grateful!

Cheers for reading

PS- I state categorically that there is NO problems with the sources!