VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi all,

trying to create some avi files from dvd's, but when i get them done the file is stretched. the size isn't the same as the original, and i do have it selected on 4:3, any idea's?

thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    PLEASE give more information. How are you converting? What software?

Try use GOOD dvd to avi converters like autogk, staxrip, fairuse wizard.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ya sorry, just thought of that earlier. i have used autogk, and meidacoder. meidacoder is the worst for making an avi file, all my files are out of sync and not resized properly. autogk dose a good job, but it dosn't seem to resize it properly it stretches them.

autogk i use automatic setting.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Post the log for the AutoGK encode. Are the DVDs 4:3 or 16:9? How are they stretched? Are people too tall and thin? Also, in the first post you said you selected 4:3? Did you do that in the Hidden Options? In your second post you said you used automatic settings (you didn't select anything), so your posts are a little bit confusing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. sorry i again for the confusion, when i say it dosn't resize right is when autogk dose it's automatic settings it resize's the video differently. like if i have a 720x480 it resize's it to 720x544, is that normal?

thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, that's normal. You have a 4:3 DVD and the picture is 1.33:1 or 512x384 or 640x480 or 720x544 (allowing for Mod16 resizing). The stored aspect ratio of 720x480, on the other hand, is 1.5:1. It has to be properly resized for things to look 'normal'. At 720x480 things are slightly 'fat'.
    Quote Quote  
  7. so then autogk is working fine, i am just being picky. it should look normal on tv?

thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, it'll look as it should on TV.
    Quote Quote