VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions for me about the Sony CCD-TRV608 camcorder. I just bought this camcorder used, but have not yet received it, so I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet. I was curious as to whether or not if this camcorder, which is analog, could transfer video to my PC with Windows XP (via the USB port on the camera) and then be edited in Windows MovieMaker? I know that the video must be converted to digital, but I wasn't sure if this could be done with MovieMaker or not. I certainly don't claim to be an expert on A/V or computers, so I could be asking a ridiculous quesyion - I don't know!

Also, I typically shoot short video clips (usually 2-5 minutes long) on my digital camera and edit them into about 20 minute videos in Windows MovieMaker. If it is possible to convert my analog video into digital through MovieMaker as described above, about how much hard drive space would be required for my applications?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    With USB, no chance. With USB connection the camcorders act as web camera with low resolution (320x240). You need a capture card or TV Tuner card which take analogue signal send by camcorder over S-Video or composite cable. Usually these card work with MovieMaker.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your help. I'll look into getting a capture card!
    Quote Quote