VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to convert an M2TS file to an MOV or MP4 file. The problem I'm bumping into is that the video is broken with artifacts and stutters.

My first attempt was the just convert the M2TS file using RipBot264. When that didn't work I used tsMuxeR to rip just the 1080p file and the AC3 audio file. I tried converting those files using RipBot264 and got some weird error. My next attempt was to remux the two files using tsMuxeR but that file resulted in the same problem.

I checked the original M2TS file but it only plays at 480p, so I doubled checked in tsMuxeR and it appears there are two video files: a 480p version and a 1080p version. Is this some sort of encryption I'm not familiar with? Or is it possible when I ripped the M2TS file that it didn't decrypt properly?

Any recommendations or thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    A m2ts can contain several video tracks. But you should be able to deselect the 480p track in tsmuxer and make a new ts.

What is the weird error in ripbot264?
    I guess this is from a commercial blu-ray? How did you rip it? AnyDVDHD, DVDFABdecrypter?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    A m2ts can contain several video tracks. But you should be able to deselect the 480p track in tsmuxer and make a new ts.

What is the weird error in ripbot264?
    I guess this is from a commercial blu-ray? How did you rip it? AnyDVDHD, DVDFABdecrypter?
    I tried selecting only the 1080p track and the AC3 track. Everything else was deselected.

As for the error I'm not at that computer so I'll have to get back to you. If memory serves it as sort of a gibberish error message, nothing real coherent.

I tried ripping with the Mac program Pavtube. This has worked with previous BR, but maybe there's something with this disc. I'm going to attempt re-ripping with AnyDVD HD in the next few days if I can't get the problem resolved.
    Quote Quote