VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I'm a newbie on here so not sure where to post this.

I unlocked my Samsung DVD-SH895M using the unlock region code guide posted on here. It worked perfectly and I was able to play/record on any type of DVD disc.

However, I need to reset it back to region 2 and I don't know how to do it. I followed the same instructions as before and tried to change the 9 back to the 2 but it wouldn't let me.

The reason I want to do this is that it went slightly weird last night and I'm wondering if unlocking the codes had anything to do with it.

I taped a programme on Sunday night. Took the DVD disc out on Monday and put another DVD disc in to tape a different programme on a different channel.

Last night, I watched the programme I'd taped on Monday. Took the disc out. Put the disc in of the programme I'd taped on Sunday and pressed play - only for it to show the Monday programme! How?? That disc wasn't even in the machine!!

I tried an experiment. Put one disc at the other side of the room. Taped 30 seconds of a programme on the disc that was in the machine. Played it, yes it had recorded it. Took the disc out, turned the machine off.

Got the disc from the other side of the room, turned the machine on, put this disc in and pressed play - and it showed the 30 seconds of the programme I'd taped on the previous disc.

Seriously freaked me out. Could this be something to do with putting the machine onto Region 1 when it was previously Region 2?? How do I reset the machine?

Any help would be much appreciated.

From one seriously freaked out girl!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Putting to one side possible mental illness or some form of supernatural explanation, I can say that this has nothing to do with changing a region code.

It is far more likely that you are recording to the HDD, and not the blank DVDs.

Simple test - what do you get if you play the discs back in a another DVD player or your PC ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Putting to one side possible mental illness or some form of supernatural explanation, I can say that this has nothing to do with changing a region code.

It is far more likely that you are recording to the HDD, and not the blank DVDs.

Simple test - what do you get if you play the discs back in a another DVD player or your PC ?

thanks for the reply Gunslinger! Yes I thought I was going mental last night or I had a ghost in the house!

As I am a complete 'technophobe' I'm not really sure WHAT I recorded onto. However, I have a feeling it was the HDD as when I try DVD recording it won't let me for some reason. This is only seriously complicated DVD recorder (well for me anyway - haa haa).

Unfortunately I do not I cannot test this particular DVD on my PC as when I formatted it, I pressed a button that said the DVD disc could not be played on another facility instead of pressing 'yes please, let me use it on anything'. See -technophobe!!!

I'll try it on my portable DVD player tonight but I have a feeling the programme I taped on Sunday is not there.........

I have read the instruction manual from cover to cover. Why can't they use laymans terms and easy English?? Tis all a tad confusing to me.

Anyway, thanks so much for your reply. It has helped.
    Quote Quote