VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've read thru enough threads to work around this problem. So for me the easiest and quickest way to get subtitles on a MKV created from a BD rip is to extract the PGS sup, convert it to idx/sub with BDSUP2SUB and use it as an external file. With this process both my WD and Seagate players will see the subs and play them.

However, If I convert the MKV back to a .ts or .m2ts with the same PGS sup file, the players will play them. So they can play PGS sup subtitles.

All the posts I've read address how to change the subtitles so they will play.

I just want to know why don't they play in the MKV container? Both my players list the subtitles in their subtitle menus. They just don't play them.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Cause they don't support it yet? Hopefully will it be fixed in updates.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick, thanks for the answer.

However, I know it's not supported yet (nothing plays it) but I was wondering 'where is the lack of support'?. Is there something wrong with the MKV container? The programs that manipulate the MKV container willingly accept the PGS sup. Or is the players that accept PGS sup in .ts form but not in the MKV container.

Who is it that has to update?

Tony
    Quote Quote