VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Thread
  1. My problem stems from my ffdshow settings... (I use CCCP)... whenever I select lets say 3/2/1 6 ch, I can encode my m2ts' beautifully with avs2dvd. Whenever I go to check the settings afterwards it has been reverted to 2/0 stereo. I guess my real question is this... I have realtek hd audio console from Gigabyte, the audio settings in control panel, and CCCP... is there a way to set it up so I don't have to change things in CCCP before encoding? I don't understand why it keeps reverting other than one or more settings is conflicting with another... I'm totally newb please help! I use avs2dvd and CCCP codec pack.. other than that I have run insurgent and CCCP is all I have...pretty simple system but I can't figure any process of elimination that works.
    Quote Quote  
  2. better yet... the question is this... what is reverting my settings back?.. everything will stay as planned with my control panel audio settings, my motherboard (realtek hd) settings, and my CCCP settings can all be put to 6 ch... NO PROB! All programs continue to play things correctly.. in fact it all works beautifully... but at this point IF I use avs2dvd to convert my m2ts files (haven't tested others) it WILL revert back to 2/0 stereo in CCCP... is this normal... should I expect this? and if so for what reason... maybe I'm asking a really lame question but if thats true someone please answer it so I can enlighten myself and move on... thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member AlanHK's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Hong Kong
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know where CCCP puts it, but if you have ffdshow, you should have "ffdshow audio decoder configuration", which sets all the defaults for that, specifically under "mixer".

    When I set this it stays set (eg, downmix to stereo, or disable the mixer if I want to have multichannel) until I change it manually, if that's any help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Right... I guess I'll have to play with that... I did turn the mixer off in the ffdshow audio settings separate from CCCP settings but don't remember the results. I'll play around with it but I appreciate the reply as it does help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. So if I'm reading your reply correct what you are saying is that if I have say 2 stereo computer speakers I can have it set up to downmix my input m2ts/avi/mkv/etc. files by selecting 2/0 stereo in ffdshow audio config settings? Which allows me to enjoy movies on my computer. HOWEVER when I want to convert with avs2dvd my selected choices in avs2dvd (worked out in another thread with MrC.) make it impossible to decode with the 2/0 stereo mixing scenario. So at this point I could just disable mixing and it will allow me to convert my movies... afterwards just tick it back to enable mixing which puts me back to my selected 2/0 setup (I notice no matter what config you select unticking the mixer makes it null) ??? hopefully that's not confusing to you... it is to me I guess I'm just asking for some confirmation... Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member AlanHK's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Hong Kong
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VicSedition View Post
    So if I'm reading your reply correct what you are saying is that if I have say 2 stereo computer speakers I can have it set up to downmix my input m2ts/avi/mkv/etc. files by selecting 2/0 stereo in ffdshow audio config settings? Which allows me to enjoy movies on my computer. HOWEVER when I want to convert with avs2dvd my selected choices in avs2dvd (worked out in another thread with MrC.) make it impossible to decode with the 2/0 stereo mixing scenario. So at this point I could just disable mixing and it will allow me to convert my movies... afterwards just tick it back to enable mixing which puts me back to my selected 2/0 setup (I notice no matter what config you select unticking the mixer makes it null) ??? hopefully that's not confusing to you... it is to me I guess I'm just asking for some confirmation... Thanks!
    Yes, though it depends on how the file is loaded in the AVS script.

    A command like "DirectShowSource" will use the codecs set in Windows, like ffdshow. So if ffdshow is set to downmix, the script will have input stereo audio.
    But there are other source commands, eg, ffmpegsource2, that directly interpret media files and so the Windows codec settings are irrelevant.
    If you can edit the AVS file you can insert "info()" which will write the specs of the video and audio on the frame.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    I don't know where CCCP puts it, but if you have ffdshow, you should have "ffdshow audio decoder configuration", which sets all the defaults for that, specifically under "mixer".

    When I set this it stays set (eg, downmix to stereo, or disable the mixer if I want to have multichannel) until I change it manually, if that's any help.
    I'm having the same issue. I set audio mixer config in FFDShow to 3/0/2 5 channel +LFE as recommended by the author of AVStoDVD. Then I go back later and look and it's set back to 2/0/0
    Stereo.

    I have Shark codec pack installed. But I don't see why anything would reset FFDShow settings. It's totally weird.
    http://www.FavesSoft.com

    "I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    - Groucho Marx
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure AVStoDVD is not adjusting the FFDshow mixer?
    I think there is a setting some where within A2D that turns this on or off.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Are you sure AVStoDVD is not adjusting the FFDshow mixer?
    I think there is a setting some where within A2D that turns this on or off.
    If he's setting it in the program why would he instruct me to set it in FFDShow?
    I don't get the reasoning.
    http://www.FavesSoft.com

    "I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    - Groucho Marx
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure, but I think it's something to do with conflicts in the past that MrC provided the option
    to enable A2d to set it. Have you received any input from MrC on this ?

    If you look at preferences/misc, you'll see the option.
    Quote Quote  
  11. AVStoDVD Author _MrC_'s Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: Italy
    Search PM
    Just to clarify, A2D 2.2.6 is adjusting ffdshow mixer at runtime if:

    - related option in 'Preferences'/'Misc' is on
    - 5.1 AC3 encoding (not demuxing) is required
    - ffdshow is installed

    ffdshow reg key is changed only before audio encoding starts and reg key is restored to previous value when audio encoding ends.

    This approach has one drawback: if QuEnc is selected as AC3 encoder, it requires GetChannel() to remap audio channels (small QuEnc bug). That's provokes a AviSynth error when video encoding starts (channels do not exist) because mixer is not yet changed. In that case, ffdshow mixer must be configured manually to 3/0/2+LFE.

    In new 2.3.0 alpha release, ffdshow mixer is adjusted before video encoding starts and it is restored after audio encoding. In this way the QuEnc workaround is correctly managed.

    Sorry if any misunderstanding was made.



    Bye
    MrC

    AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks for the help. I guess 2/0 is the default its returning to right? I use 2 speakers so I just leave it alone now and toggle off mixing in ffdshow audio config whenever I encode my m2ts (which require the quenc setting for audio). After its done I have my settings back. I have also had luck with a temp setting of 3/0/2 +lfe, 3/2/1 6 ch, and the no mix option with these bd encodes. Does this sound like the right approach (for now without scripting) ? Is this better than changing the preferences/misc stuff ? When its adjusting what is it doing ? Selecting the proper ch config ? If toggling off the adjust in a2d pref's will handle my probs that'd be great.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks for the info. I'll try some more runs.
    http://www.FavesSoft.com

    "I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    - Groucho Marx
    Quote Quote  
  14. One more thing I've noticed is that when I select no mixing and leave it there, after the encode of a2d it resets to the default (being no mixing)... which is fine because I use VLC and MPC-hc to watch shows... apparently they have their own setups... So my issues have completely gone away. My answer was to set "no mixing" in ffdshow audio config... so far I have seen no problems with my encodes and the setting remaining the same does not seem to affect my "viewing" experience on my computer...
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads