VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    How Can I Convert Video to MKV with a smallest Size and?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use a lower video bitrate and that will make the file smaller. (And the quality lower) What program are you using to convert with?

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I don't understand you brother!!
    I have MKV movies, and I want to add image logo and mix subtitle without increase the size or effect the video quality.
    so, how can I convert my movies to MKV files without change the size.

thanks for your time
    Quote Quote  
  4. What do you mean you want to add an "image logo"? You want to overlay a permanent logo onto the video? You'll have to decompress, overlay, then recompress with the same bitrate. Recompression with a lossy codec will always involve some loss of quality. Subtitles can simply be multiplexed into the MKV file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Yes brother, I want to add PNG image into the video.
    and .. How can I mix subtitle in MKV simply (as you said)?.

Please, can you give the tools i need it?

thanks for your time
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can add a subtitle track and an image file to the MKV container using MKVMergeGUI and MKVToolNix. The mkv file will grow by about the size of the image file.

If you want to overlay the image like a watermark or add hard subtitles then you will have to re-encode the video. You can keep the file size the same by using the same bitrate as the original (use mediainfo to find out what the current bitrate is) however the quality may dip. This is unavoidable.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    thanks brother but when I click on "MKVMergeGUI" and "MKVToolNix" I notice that the links or programs are the same!!!.

yeah brother, I mean I want to add watermark to the video, but how can I re-encode the MKV file, are you mean I need to re convert it? I did that , and i made the birate the same birate but the size is 1.2 gb.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I have downloaded MKVMergeGUI and I have added a subtitle to the movie but when play it with GOM Player I can't see the subtitle?!!!!!.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't use GOM, but with most video players you have to turn the subtitles on through a menu option. You will have to look through the menus until you find the subtitles section.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote