VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Searched the forums for an answer, couldn't find anything. if anyone knows of a relevant thread, i'd be glad to know of it.

Im a n00b at capturing video, so i assume i have much to learn.

Using windows, Adaptec Veoh! and a VCR to capture video from the vcr. Software used to capture: Video Lan Client. I get a transport stream which plays fine in vlc, but will not play in any other player. all settings were at default when i captured, seem to work fine for the capture. The video is mpeg2 capture, the audio is LPCM, this is according to vlc. If i try to encode using autogk, it cant find the audio file. Media Coder produces a file with video and no audio. I assume there's some sort of conversion tool out there perhaps which can convert my transport stream into an mpeg2 file without any more re encoding? from there i could encode it to which ever format i wished. i hope? I don't understand this stuff, i just need a bit of help. what am i missing here?

edit: Elecard Stream Analyzer says that the audio codec is AC3, as does autogk (says its private ac3 stream, but still cannot find or decode it)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote