VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello there.

The Post Thread said everything...
    I have a movie in two cds... I joined and noticed the delay in audio in second half from the movie. Checked the 2nd cd in mediainfo and... 3ms of audio delay...

I want these two together to convert and make a dvd...

Any help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    3ms (3/1000th of a second) of audio delay is highly unlikely to be detectable by human viewers, so I'd guess that the sync problem is larger than that. VirtualdubMod can adjust the audio sync for avi streams via Streams->Stream List (right-click on audio stream for options).

Slainte

midders
    Quote Quote  
  3. You don't usually have to join the 2 halves to make a DVD. Most programs will take them separately and create 2 titles, so no synch problems with the second half of the movie. If you really want to get rid of the delay, as midders says it's not because of the 3 ms delay in the 2nd half. It's more likely because the audio in the first half is shorter than the video and after joining the 2nd half, that audio 'slides up' against the first half's audio, making the audio in the former second half noticeably out of synch.

Find out the amount of the delay in the second half after the join and redo the 2nd half AVI with that delay. That'll make it play out of synch by itself, but after being joined again the whole thing should play in synch.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    midders,

The two files files are ok, but joined... not. I think the delay is bigger than 3ms too. These 3ms is informed by mediainfo and avimux-gui. Maybe is like manono said: the audio in 1st file is smaller than video...

manono,
    I like always to join files to burn because subs and others audio languges. And I want to test some apps to make the dvds: like the film machine, dvd flick. It's better to have the stuff in one file...

Solution:
    This post:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/268899-Merge-2-identical-format-AVIs-no-recompressi...ced-on-2nd-1-2
    has two methods: the 1st didn't work. The 2nd worked.
    Taked my two files (700 MB with two AC3 audios each one)
    vdubmoded to make two files with 1st audio and more two files with the 2nd audio.
    avidemuxed and joined two files with one audio, avidemuxed and joined the other two files.
    taked 2nd file and demuxed AC3 with virtualdub.
    AviMux_GUI with the 1st file and the audio from the second.
    This solved the problem. The final file looks ok.

The avidemux asked always to unpack the avis... doing this will result in fail... don't unpack.
    When avidemux will save the file, it asks for activate the smart copy... I didn't used too.

Googled and searched for this Avidemux "smart copy" function and found nothing... In this case it's better to use it?
    Quote Quote  
  5. That's right, I forgot about AviDemux. Well, it's real easy and won't take much time, so why not try that one first? If it doesn't work for you, my method will work, for sure, once you find out the amount of the delay. I use MPC HC to find the delay.
    Quote Quote