VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking for a converter program which rip DVD into RMVB format directly, but its been hard to find it.
    So, I have ripped the DVD first to AVI format, and after this one to RMVB format. I spend twofold amount of time that way. And the video in the end has a worse quality, because it had to be manipulated two times ( two conversions )
    Anyone knows if there is any program which rips a DVD directly to RMVB format?
    Thx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    since DVD is mpeg2, try searching around in the tools dept for mpeg2=> RMVB
    Last edited by zoobie; 16th Mar 2010 at 23:41.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is tools dept, please? Or, where do I find that in the VideoHelp site?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    To the left on this page, under 'LISTS'. <<<<<<<<

Real uses a highly proprietary format and doesn't approve of much of anyone else using it. It's not popular around here partially because of that. Most programs here are for converting Real videos to some more useful format, but try RealProducer. Threre are a couple of other programs there that may also be able to do the conversions.
    Last edited by redwudz; 17th Mar 2010 at 17:20.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    RMVB is very popular in my country ( Brazil ) because it gets the size of the file very small, and with very good quality of the sound and image. Usually an AVI movie is the double of the size of a rmvb movie, I mean , the same movie, with more or less the same quality.
    To watch it we use here the Real Player, or VLC Media, SMPlayer, or these kind of players which plays a lot of formats. It's not a big problem to get to watch a rmvb video.
    The problem is to generate it!
    I tried the WinAVI, with the addicional file which the WinAvi team support sent me to work fine with rmvb files: It haven't worked, the resulting rmvb video gets without sound ( I tried in 2 different computers ).
    The AVS video converter has the rmvb as option to output file until last version, but in the upgrade the Avs converter doesn´t have the item rmvb anymore, I think because the motives you explained above. But the developers said me in the AVS4You forum in the next version it will be back.
    I tried today the Easy RealMedia Tools, but it doesn´t work for DVD to rmvb directly. It's good from AVI , WMV to rmvb.
    The RealPlayer SP Converter happens the same.
    I tried the Real Producer some minutes ago: it can't convert DVD file directly to rmvb because it can't recognize the audio.

Converting AVI, WMV, that kind of movie files to rmvb is not problem. I have softwares which can do that. The problem is DVD files to rmvb directly.

Well, thanks for the tips.
    Last edited by Codonauta; 17th Mar 2010 at 20:12.
    Quote Quote