VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!
    The program have one very nice feature that can delay showing titles in menu for given time and after that time fades in titles to the background picture. Lets say I have main menu with 2 titles, songs and interviews. When the background image of main menu comes in, I dont want to show titles (songs and interviews) right away but 5 seconds later. I open "menu item editor" for songs and for interviews and go to "effects". Enable Fade-in feature and put fade-in start time to 5000 ms which is my 5 seconds. That all works fine. The problem is that when background image comes in you can see highlighted area for the selected title (songs or interviews) right away. That way you already see that title is going to say "songs" because its already highlighted. Is there a way to delay showing of highlighted area until the titles are shown? That way you can not see the highlighted area right away but in 5 seconds in my case.

I would be very gratefull if someone can help with this one. I dont know if i have explained the problem good enough so if there are any questions please ask.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Create all your video, including fading in text, in your editor, and use the authoring tool only to add the overlays. This gives you complete control over when things appear. The DVD specification is a very simple beast. Things are either on or off. If you are on a menu page, the menu options are visible. You have to create you video so it appears before you hit the menu page (or cell, as it appears to be in this case)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    You say that if I am in menu, options are visible, but I have one DVD where highlight apears few seconds after video of menu starts, and when i go to DVD structure and play that menu's video file, its just one file and not splitted in part of video before menu and video for menu. I would like to accomplish that. I can see on this dvd that its possible. I dont think the things are just on or off. I can try to split the video file to part before menu and part during menu but as I can remember this splitted files dont join together fluently when you watch the menu and you notice when player goes from one file to another. And that I'm trying to avoid, and also i have a situation like that with this DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think what guns1inger is saying , is to build everything into your 1st play video including your motion menu all the way to the menu at the end. So it is just 1 file. You specify the menu loop point where to cycle, and thus you can control everything including when the subpicture highlights pop on. You encode into the video the fade in, fade out plus any other effects (don't use the authoring tool to do this). So you can completely control the timing.

I don't use tmpgenc authoring works, but I suspect you should be able to do this
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 16th Mar 2010 at 14:58.
    Quote Quote