VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm on Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit Service Pack 2

Up until a few months ago I had been using one of the pre-beta 7 nightly builds (I don't remember which one) without any problems. When I finally decided to update to one of the more recent ones, uninstalling the old one then installing the new one, ffdshow VFW codec no longer showed up as an option to be used !

As in, it won't show up in Virtual dub, Camtasia, or any other software that supports/relys on vfw codecs.
    I've installed xvid and x264 vfw's and they show up just fine. xvid works, but strangely x264 gets errors.. I don't know if that is any constellation to this problem.

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Same issue is happening with me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was really hoping someone could help me figure out what the issue is.

I'm thinking it's because I updated to Service Pack 2... confirmation or negation of this would help at least..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have you tried uninstalling, reboot, then reinstalling? This works for some using bdrb when ffdshow somehow gets messed up. I believe when this happens they report that they were getting x264 errors.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Been a while again sorry.

Uninstalling , reinstalling, rebooting (the regular troubleshooting) failed to help. I wish it was so simple.
    I uninstalled SP2, no difference. Can't get the VFW to show up on any application.

I no longer get x264 errors (note that I used x264vfw which is now updated so that may have corrected itself) but it has nothing to do with ffdshow anymore.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Quote Quote