VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have recorded a clip from italian analogic tv (PAL system) with a faulty VCR (low cost, not a S-VHS, with mechanical problems I think) and now I have the urgent need to restore the video which is almost incomprehensible!
    I have tried with a TvOne-Task 1T-TBC Multi Standard Time Base Corrector from B&H Video and a Terratec Grabster AV400 but the result is not so good.
    What type of defect has my recording?
    Any suggestion for a possible remedy (hw or sw like a VirtualDub plug-in)?
    Here is a clip from the video http://www.4shared.com/file/241618359/f04e9d22/Movie_0001.html

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe a line TBC from S-VHS vcr can do better. Get a Panasonic with TBC or JVC with DigiPure tehnology and check. If the recording vcr is faulty the chances are small. No VirtualDub plugin can help you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. OK...
    Two questions:
    1) Is it possible that my TBC can't the correct the out-of-synch (the time-shift seems very periodic and constant...)
    2) Do You know the name of the defect?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. Not all external TBC fix wavy lines. Datavideo 1000 can`t. Line TBC from S-VHS VCR fix this type of time base error most of the time. Try Panasonic DVD recorder ES10 or ES15 in passthrough mode because these recorders have inside TBC.
    2. Time base errors is the name of defect. Apart of tape transport, external interference may be the source of problem or a combination between vcr, external source and capture device.
    Last edited by danno78; 16th Mar 2010 at 06:09.
    Quote Quote