VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey all!

I was wonderin'; I plan to purchase a HD PVR to record my Xbox 360 Gameplay but I currently play on my PC Monitor, a Full HD Monitor 1920x1080 res. with HDMI from the xbox' output to monitors input. But, would I be able to record with a PVR if I use the HDMI for visual and the regular xBox component cables in the PVR for recording?

A little easier for you, perhaps;

VISUAL: XBOX 360 --> HDMI CABLE --> MONITOR
    +
    RECORD: XBOX 360 --> REGULAR XBOX A/V CABLES --> INTO HDPVR's INPUT --> USB-CABLE --> PC = RECORD?

Would this work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The following is for Visual or Record

[XBOX360]-->Analog Component YPbPr--> [HD-PVR] -->Analog Component-->[HDTV]

[HD-PVR]-->USB2-->[PC]
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    The following is for Visual or Record

[XBOX360]-->Analog Component YPbPr--> [HD-PVR] -->Analog Component-->[HDTV]

[HD-PVR]-->USB2-->[PC]
    So, there's no way for me to use the setup as I suggested?
    [XBOX360]-->Analog Component YPbPr--> [HD-PVR] --> (No cables OUT, the HDMI from xBox is giving the visuals, the HD PVR is only connected to PC and xbox) USB Cable - PC?
    And Xbox > Hdmi > PC Monitor for visuals?
    Quote Quote  
  4. As I understand it, the xbox 360 won't output HDMI and component at the same time. It's one or the other.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    As I understand it, the xbox 360 won't output HDMI and component at the same time. It's one or the other.
    Oh, that's a shame, though Well, is there any other possibilities to record gameplay from an xBox while using a monitor that only has a VGA, DVI and a HDMI input?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Had a similar setup to what you are doing one time, except it was from a Wii and my monitor had component inputs. So I put the outgoing component cables of the HD PVR into my monitor. I always had to flip back to my PC input to start capturing, and then flip back to the component inputs. It was kind of annoying, but it worked.

So if you can find an adapter to adapt the component cables from the HD PVR to VGA, DVI or HDMI, then you can do the same thing I did.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by frool View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    As I understand it, the xbox 360 won't output HDMI and component at the same time. It's one or the other.
    Oh, that's a shame, though Well, is there any other possibilities to record gameplay from an xBox while using a monitor that only has a VGA, DVI and a HDMI input?
    You can buy a converter like this but for that money you can buy a small LCD-TV.
    http://www.amazon.com/Component-HDMI-Converter-Analog-Audio/dp/B0018MEASM
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote