VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. A good example of what I'm trying to do would be something like the 'This is Sparta' youtube video where they transpose a face over a number of videos. I'd rather not use Flash to do it if possible. I already have TMPGEnc Authoring Works installed, along with access to a number of video editing tools at school (Windows based).

I've tried a quick Google and forum search, but I haven't really found anything relevant.
    Can you please point me in the right direction, or should I just use Flash?
    Quote Quote  
  2. what do you mean? like cut out a face from an image file and superimpose onto a video?

You could do parts of that in photoshop (isolate the face) alpha channel around the face, and parts in a video editor (like vegas or premiere) , or compositing software like after effects could do it all

You basically need to rotoscope and motion track the face ; there should be lots of tutorials online if you use those search terms
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks poisondeathray. I've already cut out the faces I'll need to do this with PS:CS4. Those search terms are exactly what I needed!

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  4. This would be easiest to do in after effects CS4 because of it's motion tracker , and control with masking tools , and it has similar tools to photoshop (ie. You don't even need photoshop for this - you could isolate the faces in AE, but if you've already cut out the faces your almost 1/2 done)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can do all of it in PS:CS4 if you have the extended edition. It will let you import video, process it, then export it again.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote