VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just wanted to post this for others, as it took me forever to find the info myself. I found and followed the following article to allow the playback of mp4 & mkv files from dvd media and usb on my BD-P1600 (Canadian version) I also noticed some DIVX options... I tested playback to verify the mp4 playback... SUCCESS!

So props go out to all who actually figured this out!

Here's the link... http://www.khaitrinh.ca/?p=290

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...it's a shame that poster didn't link to the post on VideoHelp where s/he originally found the info.

Of course, this is a "try at your own risk" solution. If you don't mind the hassle and potentially bricking your player...
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I know they did mention they found the article here and there is a link back to the main site... So credit has been given.

As for the use at your own risk, isn't that a given with most of the modifications you could perform on your player?

Like I mentioned in the OP, I completed the procedure and everything works fantastically.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't say credit hadn't been given - I said it was a shame a link wasn't given to the original post, just in case someone wants to ask more questions or continue the discussion, there.

Just thought I'd post a disclaimer, too, in case someone does want to try it but may be afraid of bricking their player (or does do it and bricks their player).
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ahh cool, ok. Sorry for the confusion
    Quote Quote