VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Windows 7 - 64bit

No matter what kind of BR i try to reauthor, in AVCHDCoder, it always errors out when trying to encode the audio. The error message, "There were errors in encoding the audio". It happens immediately when it gets to the audio part. I installed, reinstalled, removed, reinstalled all necessary files. Haali, ffdshow, avisnyth, which are all required. Tested avchdcode settings, and all 3 video files processed successfully. It is some kind of audio issue. Any ideas?

So, then i though i will just use BD_Rebuilder. Same issue i think. At roughly 98% of extracting streams, the program just stops responding.

When i had XP, i was able to do all BR reauthors. Now, i cant do them in Windows 7.

Anyone else have these issues?

ron
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try Multi-AVCHD.

That said, I have used AVCHDCoder and Multi-AVCHD under Windows 7 without any major issues.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had no issues like that using AVCHDcoder and Win7 64 bit. Was it a fresh install? do you have other programs installed that could be conflicting?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you install the versions of ffdshow, haali, and avisynth included in the AVCHDCoder package? Did you run the configuration test tool (it test encodes short sample files)?

[EDIT] Nevermind, you did test the configuration

It's possible your problem audio is True-HD or DTS-MA. ffdshow decodes them with libavcodec, which cannot decode all the information. In fact, if you try extracting the main movie with ClownBD (an eac3to frontend), that's exactly what it will tell you in the log. Nevertheless, if you set the ClownBD audio output as AC3 it will successfully re-encode the audio and re-sync it. So you could try that and then see if AVCHDCoder and/or BDRB will then accept the main movie file.

But are you certain your configuration is okay? You have not successfully re-encoded any discs at all yet? You could drop this in the BDRB folder and run it:

http://www.jdobbs.net/freeware/inspect.exe

It will tell you if your configuration is okay, and for what is wrong, it tells you what to change.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 13th Apr 2010 at 13:42.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just thought of something that may or may not help. Are you running AVCHDCoder or BDRebuilder as an admin in Win 7? I have had all sorts of funky issues with software not working correctly in Win 7 and most, if not all, were attributed to the fact that I wasn't running the program as an admin. Also need to verify that you have admin rights to the folder that you are saving your work to, although that is probably a minor detail.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know the solution, Im not sure if this is even needed anymore but;

When you check .mkv file in mediainfo u will see the audio part. Newer mkv builders use so called "header stripping" which is a bitch. It makes it impossible to play file via ps3 media server, encode the audio stream with multiavchd or avchdcoder. I did lot of research and found finally a solution.

When you have haali media splitter installed. Go to where it is and run gdsmux.exe. It opens a window where u press mouse right button and choose .mkv file where it is in your HD. Now u will see the inside of that mkv. If it has example worthless textfiles or audiostreams ure not going to put on your avchd-project, untick the boxes from them (see mouse right button -> properties top of the item before u tick so u know which to choose).

If your mkv just has, video, audio and 1 text stream and u want them all, basicly just choose output location at bottom and press start after. After "demux" u will have .mkv file without header stripping and avchdcoder/multiavchd doesnt whine about unable to encode thing. Sometimes it still shows "(Header stripping)" inside mediainfo but it has been removed anyway or atleast it wont whine about it. Happens to me with 2 audio streams inside mkv, first one is without stripping and second one says it has it, but it still encodes fine.

What header stripping is you ask next. Well, what I found out it's just some mkv builder "option" to leave audio stream "open". Im not sure how to technically explain it, but personally I dont even care When you do this what I just explained with example mkvtoolnix/mkvextractgui, your audio will be out of sync, that header stripping does, BUT when you do it with gsdemux (haali) it's twice faster (converts on the fly) and audio is in sync like always. I had 1 project out of 200 so far that audio lagged couple milliseconds, but it didnt really bother my watching experience. Hope this helps, it helped me!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great tip kukkamies, this solved a problem that has bothered me for months!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Me too kukkamies, your post really helped me out today.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by EarlThePearl View Post
    Me too kukkamies, your post really helped me out today.
    You're welcome.

To add bit more info, I switched to bdtoavchd completely. It does clean mkv out of header stripping and + or - sync. It's not "on the fly", but with it I have had zero failures so far where haali sometimes puts audio out of sync and cant fix latency in audio that occurs sometimes (usually when someone has added other audio afterwards from other region source).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello! Just wanted to thank the contributors to this thread, particularly fritzi93 and kukkamies; using the tips here, I finally got AVCHDCoder working properly in my Windows 7/64-Bit system. For me, the key was generating MKV video files (not MP4) with AC3 audio (not AAC) using Handbrake; the whole process took forever, but the results were perfect. A belated Thank You Very Much! Best regards, Dana
    Quote Quote