VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've done a lot of conversions in my day, but I can not for the lover of god figure out what my actual problem is with this conversion. Was converting an entire series of MKV files and for some reason I have one that has audio sync issues. Seems simple at first, but the problem is that the audio is perfectly in sync until one point in the video, then it's just out of sync. MKV file has an H264 video and AC3 audio file in it, btw the original MKV file runs just fine. Use AVISynth to load it into VirtualDub just like I did all the others. Converted the video to XviD and the audio to MP3 and it just comes out wrong. Don't know what is different about this file compared to the others though. I've tried different conversions and direct stream copies and nothing is working. I'm at wits end and could use some direction.

I haven't tried using any other programs to convert the MKV file. I'm sure Mencoder could do it since I have used that before on MKV files. Truth is I'd like to get everything done with VirtualDub/AVISynth if at all possible. It makes batch converting a lot easier on me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's possibly a variable framerate MKV file. There's an app to convert it, I just can't recall the name.
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Doesn't seem like it since it's not out of sync by different amounts. Mencoder converted it fine. I assume because of that it has something to do with the fact that VirtualDub doesn't natively support MKV files, I know VirtulDubMod and/or Nandub do but they don't support the new versions of it so it's useless. Guess I'm just stuck using Mencoder on ones I find that don't work. This has been the only file so far though, unless you guys have any other ideas for me to try with AVISynth/VirtualDub.
    Quote Quote  
  4. EDIT: Crap, didn't mean to double post but my internet was being retarded as hell.
    Quote Quote