+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. how to use mkvmerge gui to add subtitles with .srt extension
    Quote Quote  
  2. i dont get it there please help me i am a noob in this stuff
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First off they have to have the exact same name as the other items being remuxed and it would be important to know how you got the srt subs. If they were converted from BDSsup, the only program that I know of is Suprip1.16. If so than they should be accepted into the remux. Suprip examines the Sup file and converts it to text. Sup rip doesn't really do that good a job so you would be left with errors that need correcting. Also, depending on how your playing the SRTs, they don't have to be remuxed into the file. They can be separate but in the same folder with the same name. Many hardware and software players can find srt and idx/sub files if they are in the same folder.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  4. I basically only want to extract audio files in their respective formats from YouTube videos, namely: OGG from WEBM, MP3/AAC from FLV, you name it. What setting to check on the interface? (So far I like it better than Avanti)
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by colorstar View Post
    I basically only want to extract audio files in their respective formats from YouTube videos, namely: OGG from WEBM, MP3/AAC from FLV, you name it. What setting to check on the interface? (So far I like it better than Avanti)
    Try then Pazera Free Audio Extractor
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Technically MKVMerge can do that, but it will only 'extract' them to MKA files. All you have to do is uncheck all the video, subtitle and extra audio streams and press 'Start Muxing'.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Thanks. It is really nice. On a Windows machine. I am also looking for a future Mac solution as a pre-switcher. I thought MKVMerge can do that for free. Or something else?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hybrid has Mac/Windows/Linux versions:
    1. Start Hybrid
    2. set an default output path ("Config->Path->Default output")
    3. set output format to raw ("Config->Output->Container Settings->General Settings->Standard output container" select "raw")
    4. set "Main->Handling->Video handling" to "ignore"
    5. set "Main->Handling->Audio handling" to "passthrough (all)"
    6. enable automatic output name generation ("Main->Generate")
    7. drag&drop all your files onto the input line edit (alternatively select them through "Main->Input file")
    8. wait till Hybrid analysed all input files and add let it create the jobs ("Main->Add to queue")
    9. start the processing (Jobs->Job Queue->Start)

Cu Selur

Ps.: If you run into problems with Hybrid post inside the Hybrid thread.
    Quote Quote