VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone, I really need some help creating a DVD here. I am no novice, I followed the tutorials, i search, i google-d, and I searched again... I am still baffled

What I am trying to do:
    I have about 7 Mp4 files (@25minute TV-episodes), converted from VOB files (from a bad rip) via HandBrake (this is all good ... not issue here)

I want 3 menus (with one of them as the first-start menu .. when the software/hardware player starts) .. the other 2, are used so the "first-start" menu isn't cluttered. The first button has 3 video links (and links to other 2 pages) and the other two, have two video links each (with the links to other two menus ...blah blah)

Player note:
    Right now, I am using a combo of PowerDVD, VLC (just in case one had a bug) to test-watch the dvd before i burn it .. I am not wasting blank discs on this

Issue
    Perhaps this is just a software DVD player issue, but first I had the BG audio for the "First-start" menu playing, . but a blank "video"...all black .... if i go to "select title 1" in w/e player I am using, all the videos and menus appear to "be there" ... just the "structure" (i may be not using the right terms there)... is not correct

Second try - I had 3 menus (described earlier), and all videos + (I am not even sure why ... read in some PDF it may work .. ) a vmMenu with one button(pointing to my desired "first play" menu) ... that worked ... sorta ... but now with this one, all the buttons seem to have dis-appeared ... at least the functionality of them has, ... I still see the square with the video clip that SHOULD be what i click to start each video.. but I cant ... I have wasted alot of time using PgcEdit to re-create the buttons and although there are no borders with this (a way to see what "video"/"option" I have currently selected) ... the functionality is back .. but it should be having this issue out of DVDStyler... it should be so much easier than this.

What I want from Videos:
    Video + English audio (already in the mp4)

What I AM NOT trying to do:
    NO SUBTITLES; NO OTHER LANGUAGES

Try 3 - Just as I was going to type this, I was gonna try something else (I cant even remember now) ... and I am getting "spumux.xml" errors .. (below is a clip of the error log)

Generating menu 3 of 3
    Prepare
    Create menu mpeg
    Multiplexing subtitles (buttons) into mpeg
    Executing command: spumux -s $STREAM "G:\SecondTry_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-tmp\menu1-2.mpg_spumux.xml"
    DVDAuthor:pumux, version 0.6.14.
    Build options: gnugetopt iconv freetype
    Send bugs to <http://www.dvdstyler.de/support.html>
    INFO: Locale=English_United States.1252
    INFO: Converting filenames to CP1252
    STAT: 0:00:00.000
    INFO: PNG had 4 colors
    INFO: Pickbuttongroups, success with 1 groups, useimg=0
    Assertion failed: useimg, file src/subgen-image.c, line 788
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    Failed

Thank you for any help

btw, DVDStyler 1.80 and 1.74 both have the first two issues ,... now i am trying to figure out what this error I am getting means
    Quote Quote  
  2. Forgot this before ... its the Dvdauthor.xml file from the first try

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <dvdauthor jumppad="0">
    <vmgm>
    <menus>
    <audio lang="EN"/>
    <pgc>
    <button name="button01">g0=0;jump titleset 1 menu;</button>
    <vob pause="inf" file="G:\First_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-tmp\menu0-0.mpg"/>
    <post>jump menu 1;</post>
    </pgc>
    </menus>
    </vmgm>
    <titleset>
    <menus>
    <audio lang="EN"/>
    <pgc entry="root">
    <button name="button01">g0=0;jump title 1;</button>
    <button name="button03">g0=0;jump title 3;</button>
    <button name="button02">g0=0;jump title 2;</button>
    <button name="button04">g0=0;jump title 4;</button>
    <button name="button05">g0=0;jump title 1;</button>
    <button name="button06">g0=0;jump title 1;</button>
    <vob pause="inf" file="G:\First_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-tmp\menu1-0.mpg"/>
    </pgc>
    <pgc>
    <button name="button01">g0=0;jump title 5;</button>
    <button name="button02">g0=0;jump title 6;</button>
    <button name="button03">g0=0;jump menu 1;</button>
    <button name="button04">g0=0;jump menu 1;</button>
    <vob pause="inf" file="G:\First_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-tmp\menu1-1.mpg"/>
    </pgc>
    <pgc>
    <button name="button01">g0=0;jump title 7;</button>
    <button name="button02">g0=0;jump title 8;</button>
    <button name="button03">g0=1;jump cell 1;</button>
    <button name="button04">g0=0;jump menu 1;</button>
    <button name="button05">g0=0;jump menu 2;</button>
    <vob pause="inf" file="G:\First_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-tmp\menu1-2.mpg"/>
    </pgc>
    </menus>
    <titles>
    <audio lang="EN"/>
    <pgc>
    <vob chapters="10:00,20:00" file="G:\First_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-cache\entry001.vob"/>
    <post>if (g0==1) jump title 2;call vmgm menu 1;</post>
    </pgc>
    <pgc>
    <vob chapters="10:00,20:00" file="G:\First_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-cache\entry002.vob"/>
    <post>if (g0==1) jump title 3;call vmgm menu 1;</post>
    </pgc>
    <pgc>
    <vob chapters="10:00,20:00" file="G:\First_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-cache\entry003.vob"/>
    <post>if (g0==1) jump title 4;call vmgm menu 1;</post>
    </pgc>
    <pgc>
    <vob chapters="10:00,20:00" file="G:\First_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-cache\entry004.vob"/>
    <post>if (g0==1) jump title 5;call vmgm menu 1;</post>
    </pgc>
    <pgc>
    <vob chapters="10:00,20:00" file="G:\First_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-cache\entry005.vob"/>
    <post>if (g0==1) jump title 6;call vmgm menu 1;</post>
    </pgc>
    <pgc>
    <vob chapters="10:00,20:00,30:00" file="G:\First_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-cache\entry006.vob"/>
    <post>if (g0==1) jump title 7;call vmgm menu 1;</post>
    </pgc>
    <pgc>
    <vob chapters="10:00,20:00" file="G:\First_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-cache\entry007.vob"/>
    <post>if (g0==1) jump title 8;call vmgm menu 1;</post>
    </pgc>
    <pgc>
    <vob chapters="10:00,20:00" file="G:\First_FULL_DVDSTYLER_TRY_ALLVIDS\dvd-cache\entry008.vob"/>
    <post>call vmgm menu 1;</post>
    </pgc>
    </titles>
    </titleset>
    </dvdauthor>
    Quote Quote  
  3. (additional info) Windows 7 (although dvdstyler in Ubuntu 9.04 gives me a whole different set of errors.. and in slackware 12, I still seem to need a ton of dependencies to get dvdstyler working ... anyway ... ) .... Dvdstyler 1.80... the whole bottom (of the first post) error ... AFTER I had installed http://download.videohelp.com/gfd/ ... then decided to remove it cause i like dvdstyler better

also dvdstyler has worked with some "xvid" AVI files.

THESE PARTICULAR videos do work in ConvertxDVD (shareware dvd authorer for windows, that is not as flexible as i want it to be) .. and fine on Devede in either Linux OS (same issue as ConvertXDVD... I think (if i can get it to work with the videos ...) i think DVDSTyler is perfect for what I want to do
    Quote Quote  
  4. yeah its me again ... error (long error) was related to one button ... (dont know wtf happened ... the colors i set caused dvdstyler to cough up) .. thats fixed .. now back to the no functional menus problem ... (i make the dvd's video_ts folder but do not burn .. and will not until i know it will work)

-xmetal
    Quote Quote