VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.

Forgive me if this has been asked a hundred times, but I didn't find anything in a forum search.

Can Real Media Player files like .rm/.rmvb be demuxed, and what would be the best option to do it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hmm... RMMuxer?
    VideoAudio.pl - Serwis o technologii wideo & audio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It doesn't seem to support demuxing.

Frameserving isn't viable as that requires installing some type of shell, and I need a portable option.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Huh...What? View Post
    It doesn't seem to support demuxing.
    Extract audio or video is not sufficient?

Or try DTDriver.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There isn't an extract option in RMMuxer, unless after opening the video, I just save it again without the audio, or video, stream checked.

DTDrive only saves the the audio as a ".rm", and video as a ".rmvb". That kind of defeats the purpose of demuxing if it only seperates the streams into 'two' Real Player format files.

I need the actual RV40 'H.264' video, and the 'Cook' audio for repacking/converting into mkv/mp4 format.

-edit-
    Nevermind. I've realized there is now way to just remux the files into another format. They'll have to be recompressed, with quality loss.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Huh...What?; 4th Mar 2010 at 09:32.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Huh...What? View Post
    I need the actual RV40 'H.264' video, and the 'Cook' audio for repacking/converting into mkv/mp4 format.
    Nevermind. I've realized there is now way to just remux the files into another format. They'll have to be recompressed, with quality loss.
    Unfortunately, yes.
    But not quite... it is possible to put RealMedia A/V in MKV container (used MKVtoolnix) - however, it is awkward to play later.
    RV40 is only suspected to be based on H.264 - simplify, is not consistent with MPEG-4 AVC specification.
    Quote Quote