VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I just switched from WinXP to Win7 x64 and I'm having a hard time to get VSFilter to work.
    Here is how I'm doing:

- Copy of the VSFilter.dll file to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (as I can't register the dll when it's located in the System32 directory)
    - Run -> C:\Windows\system32\regsvr32.exe "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\VSFilter.dll"
    - A "VSFilter.dll has been successfully registered" message is displayed.

But when I want to play a video file with an associated .srt, the green arrow doesn't show up and of course no sub is displayed on the picture.

So what am I doing wrong??
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Same problem here.
    I love directvobsub, hope someone posts the solution.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I would give Shark's Codec Pack a shot. I even got the PGS subs to work in Vista64 with Media Player Home Cinema.

http://shark007.net/win7codecs.html
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Christophe Lambert View Post
    I just switched from WinXP to Win7 x64 and I'm having a hard time to get VSFilter to work.
    Here is how I'm doing:

- Copy of the VSFilter.dll file to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (as I can't register the dll when it's located in the System32 directory)
    - Run -> C:\Windows\system32\regsvr32.exe "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\VSFilter.dll"
    - A "VSFilter.dll has been successfully registered" message is displayed.

But when I want to play a video file with an associated .srt, the green arrow doesn't show up and of course no sub is displayed on the picture.
    Are you using a 32 bit player? 64 bit programs require 64 bit filters, 32 bit programs require 32 bit filters.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for your replies, I'm using Win 7 64 with MPC HC 32bit and 32bit plugs. That's why I don't understand how come it's not working properly!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Try this,
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote