VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi:

I have some movies that I have encoded and plan to put onto DVD. I encoded with the free "oldie but goody" Divx to DVD(free). Then I used the old MPEG to VCR to combine and make a MPEG of the VOB file. Last but not least I am using DVDPro Lab.

Each of the files only has one audio channel, three have 2.0 AC3 and one has 5.1 AC3. But I would like to have both 2.0 and 5.1 AC3 on all four. Basically I would like to know how to convert the 5.1 AC3 to 2.0 and vice versa.

I have download the nxMyAC3.dll file. I don't see the channels on the screen like it was said that I should. The only way I see the channels available is when I go to the "Edit" tab and scroll down to the "Convert sample format". When I go to the convert sample format screen and try to convert the AC3 file I get an error message.(see below)

What am I doing wrong?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nero Wave Editor error messages 1.jpg
Views:	2374
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	635  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nero Wave Editor Convert Sample Format.jpg
Views:	5407
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	636  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First of all you do not need to convert 5.1 to stereo. Player will do that for you automatically.
    To convert stereo to 5.1 you can check this.

http://stevethomson.ca/vi/

some guides are here

http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-105684.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sample rate for DVD should be 48000, at least I think that's the case
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Soopafresh and Tinker.

I went to http://stevethomson.ca/vi/ and that plugin seemed doable...until I went to the doom 9 forum and let me say those directions are a little too confusing for me.

Is there one piece of simple and easy software that will allow me to upmix 2.0 to 5.1 AND downmix from 5.1 to 2.0???
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do not know of any. Maybe somebody has some idea.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since making that last post I found three pieces of software AC3Gain and 2.0 to 5.1 upmix and TCM Audio Tool.

The only problem was the sound quality of the AC3 file. I couldn't really tell the quality of the sound watching the movie on my computer so used DVDProLab and put it onto a disc and watched a few minutes of the movie via my DVD player. I noticed the ACE3 file I had extracted using from the original AVI file using TCM Audio Tool had this echo sound as well as this slight background buzzing sound.

I'm thinking that AC3 that I extracted using TCM Audio tool was the problem? Maybe I should have just used the 2.0 AC3 file that I got after the video file was multiplexed(I think that's the term) in DVDProLab and then upmixed it to 5.1??? Dam! I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Still I would like to find a piece of software that can extract quality audio files from various file types.

Thanks,
    Quote Quote