VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've had my DCR-TRV340 for quite some time now. It's never given me this problem before. I went to upload some footage today, with my Mac, and Final Cut Pro said it could not detect the camera. So I looked through the viewfinder to make sure it was on and saw that the screen said DV IN, instead of DV OUT. Thinking that maybe it was the firewire I was using, I tried a different one with the same results. So then I decided to try it on my PC, trying two different firewires again, and the camera still says DV IN.

I've been editing for years, and this is something I've never seen before.

Is the firewire port on my camcorder busted or is there something in the settings that somehow got changed? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My Sony camcorder also show DV IN when I plug firewire cable and disappears when I hit capture on DVIO. Try to capture with WinDV or DVIO and also check in Device Manager if the camcorder is there.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	device manager.png
Views:	533
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	649  

Quote Quote  
  3. DVIO would crash every time I'd click capture. WinDV would not recognize my camera when trying to capture from DV, however when I'd click the "send to DV" tab, my camera would be noticed (hence it saying DV IN). I'm beginning to think the camera is busted. Ugggh.
    Quote Quote