VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

since I switched from XP SP3 to Win7 Home x64, the video playback quality is quite bad. I also changed some hardware parts like the cpu (C2D E6750@2.66Ghz -> C2Q Q9650@3.0Ghz) and added 4GB of RAM for a total of 8, but my graphic card is still the same though (Asus EN8500GT)... so I don't understand why the quality would decrease like that. Maybe it's because I used the integrated Windows 64bits drivers for Nvidia 8500GT instead of the Asus ones. But there are no 64bit drivers available on the Asus website.

Anyway, on XP I used to watch my videos with MPC-HC, FFDshow, VSFilter, Haali Splitter and didn't tweak any settings. I installed the same softwares on my Win7 system (except for VSFilter I can't install) but my XviD or x264 videos look blocky and it's like some parts of the picture are "floating", it's not clean or smooth as it was.

I don't know why the quality would change that much but if you've got an idea, please let me know!
    Thanks!

EDIT: I also wanted to mention that I installed directx_feb2010_redist to have MPC-HC run on Win7 without displaying an error message.
    Last edited by Christophe Lambert; 1st Mar 2010 at 17:31.
    Quote Quote