VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    for the last few days i've been playing a game and like always...when u start it up it fills out my monitor and plays w/o an issue...today, i was playing and hit a key while playing(whilst reaching for another key) and the window size is now the size of an explorer window...game still plays but the window is small...doesnt fill the screen out...i was playing the game at 1028x768 etc and its still set at that and is running at 60mhz...is there some sort of hotkey configuration in Win 7 or the game itself to make this window "maximize" the screen? in the settings for the game theres nuthin that says anything about fullscreen or any hotkeys etc...i've had this happen b4 but on other games they have a minimize, maximize and close buttons in the corner of the window but this one just has the red X..close...any ideas?

thanx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You may have to check your screen resolution while in game too just to be sure. I recently changed mine and it didn't pick up in game but it did in the menu for some reason.

Also I would check your button layout in your settings to see if there is a key that does that.

I use XP Pro and if you right click the game icon on the desktop go to properties and in the run tab try to set it to maximized and see if that helps. As of Win7 having a hot key for that.. I'm not sure

Hope this helps. If not check back and let us know what game it is.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i did what u mentioned and ran it in "maximized" mode and it indeed fills out the screen but the red x...close....button is still in the right hand corner...heres a screen below...i can click on the screen 1nce with the mouse and it goes back to the small window again....very odd

the screen resolution is the same as it is before it started all this...1024x768
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gfhgfhhg.png
Views:	186
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	601  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That is odd I guess you could try to use Google like hell and hope something pops up and helps you or hopefully someone will post here soon with a solution.

Good luck to ya, sorry I couldnt help..

oh, also, try going into the game again and just go through pushing every key on your keyboard to see if it will reverse it. If so try to remember which key it was
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    one step ahead of ya...been pushin every key i can think of lol...luckily i had just reformatted this thing...guess i'll do it again and restart lol..thanx for your input HotDamn!...much appreciated
    Quote Quote