VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have a scratched/worn dvd video disc. the disc and its menu work fine on the pc, but not on any standard dvd player. programs such as dvd shrink (as a test) do not accept the disc. seeking a solution, i then used dvd decrypter to put the discs video data onto the hd (video_ts/audio_ts folders), and was advised to use IFOEdit to "Get VTS Sectors", as this might fix any incorrect data. I did this, and it stated that it had corrected the data in the "VTS_01_0" file (possibly an IFO) I thought perhaps the dvd would now work on my standard player, as it seemed to now be accepted on dvd shrink with no problems, but unfortunately, after a test burn, my video does not play on my non pc dvd player-some videos are not able to play. the only way to my corrupt dvd (and its content-6 chapters/videos) to play flawlessly on my home player, is to remove the menu completely using shrink, and then burn it.

what I am asking is if there is any way to fix the menu, as it works ok on the pc. if there is a way to 'save' the menu (or at least its images and icons), and then add it to my vobs now on the pc (each vob being an individual video from the original scratched dvd)? thanks for any solutions. I am assuming since all the video contents works, the corrupt disc data must be related to the menu, since the menu can be pc read only. thanks for any help if possible, will i need to post the ifo edit details? i have used the get vts sector fix now, so im not sure if the data previous to that might have been of more use or not. i am only wanting to be able to burn a new fixed disc onto dvd-rw, for temporary usage on the downstairs player, but i did want a menu relating to the videos on disc
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this a commercial disc or a home made disc ?

If it is the latter, you could try ISOPuzzle, which is pretty tenacious when it comes to scratches.

Otherwsie you could create a new menu yourself for the material you have recovered. DVD Styler is a free authoring tool.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought SkipDr. It worked for 4 of my 5 discs. My out of print Gumby DVDs were badly scratched up. You might try fixing them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    More information required

Please include:

1: Media brand being used
    2: Identify this "home player" you are speaking about

Grab pgcedit and load the offending title ... check through menu for cells with 1 second timing where frame count is one

If correct then this was a common issue with a few sony players a while back ... I don't recall if pgcedit was able to adjust the frame count ... if not then the menu needs to be regenerated to produce the correct frame count per still menu's.

Oh and I'll add this:

Ifoedit will not help you with anything related to menu's ... only the main title vobs

Adding the menu back would be to load the original title into vobblanker and use it to replace the "title" with the new title generated via ifoedit which keeps all navigation commands in tact.
    Last edited by Bjs; 28th Feb 2010 at 09:19.
    Quote Quote