VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using XMedia Recode for a while and am generally happy with it. But occasionally I have a problem, but I can't find any way of giving feedback.

I looked at the home page: http://www.xmedia-recode.de/index.html and can't see any forum. I found a "Support" email, but there was no response to messages sent to that.

But in the user comments here: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/XMedia_Recode#usercomments
    I see:
    .... i had already informed about this bug at the Xmedia Recode forum on that day ...
    Posted December 31, 2009 by parag19.
    I PMed "parag 19" to ask him about this but he hasn't replied.

Anyone else have any info on this "Xmedia Recode forum"?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Couldn't find it. Did you?
    Last edited by mauriciocamara; 30th Dec 2010 at 10:37. Reason: Posted in wrong topic :-S
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I remember right the license agreement for xmediarecode is in German, so I'm guessing that is the developer's native language. There might be a forum you can find if you speak German, but I haven't been able to find any English forum. This probably isn't a lot of help, but that's most likely the reason we can't find anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Trismegistus View Post
    If I remember right the license agreement for xmediarecode is in German, so I'm guessing that is the developer's native language. There might be a forum you can find if you speak German, but I haven't been able to find any English forum. This probably isn't a lot of help, but that's most likely the reason we can't find anything.
    He's on a .de domain, so most likely is German.
    I looked around his site and couldn't find any forum in any language. Found only one email address, which he did not respond to.
    He does seem to eventually fix errors, so maybe he is monitoring forums such as this. But he has never made any public post that I can find.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Visit any one of the free online translator sites. Type in your message then select English to German. Copy and paste your translation into e-mail. The developer will appreciate your effort to accommodate his language and be more likely to respond. Tip: whenever using an online translator, use short sentences because they are not very accurate.

I think Xmedia Recode is a hot app: I managed to remedy some serious AV asynchrony with it by merely recoding. By the way, does anybody know what method XMedia Recode uses to deinterlace video? Adaptive, or are all the lines in a field removed?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There seems to be no support forum. The navigation on http://www.xmedia-recode.de/index.html only has a help function ("Hilfe"). When you click that one you get general help concerning the program and selecting the right options for your conversion.
    But no forum so far...
    The author of XmediaRecode lives in a place approx. 30 km (20 mi) from mine; maybe I should pay him a visit
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why shoot him?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No-one messes with the family

No, actually it's down to this...whenever I read somebody tried to get help from the author, they never received any response. No matter whether the request had been written in English, German, Ainu or whatever. So asking him in person might be the only way.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I emailed him personally but with no response

Can anyone tell me how to use FORCED SUBTITLES with this application please, I cannot figure it out? Each time I try to convert MKV to MP4 it results in an MP4 file perfectly mux'd but no "forced" subtitles

plenty of people asking this question on the net but no-one seems to have an answer

thanks for your time
    Quote Quote  
  10. I may be incorrect, but XMediaRecode does not support subtitles. My preference is to embed them with ConvertXtoDVD for crisper subs, since I prefer to watch movies on my TV.

Maybe leghorn can get hold of the developer and ask him if a manual is available. Es sollte nicht sehr schwierig, es ins Englische zu übersetzen.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Djard View Post
    Maybe leghorn can get hold of the developer and ask him if a manual is available. Es sollte nicht sehr schwierig, es ins Englische zu übersetzen.
    Almost correct... Es sollte nicht sehr schwierig sein, es ins Englische zu übersetzen. Trotzdem sehr gut!

And no, this shouldn't be to tough. I'll take a shot...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is one of the programs that I use on occasion because it does have functions that I haven't found elsewhere.

I would like to ask a question RE: the developers site. Everything is in German so I was just wondering if there was an easy way to translate the settings and help section found there.?

Tony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just browsed through the help section of the XMR site. I don't think it's worth translating, but pretty much self-explanatory. Some figures and tables showing what we already know: only un-encrypted DVD and BR discs are supported, FullHD has a resolution of 1920x1080 etc.

If you should feel you're in need of a translation though, I'll take care of it.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No that's okay. Thank you.
    I was just wondering if there was something on the site that actually did the translation that I missed.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing at all. If you should need help with the program, you better stick with the guides.
    Quote Quote