VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.

I have been using a Sharp Mini DV cam for eight years and successfully transferring video via firewire to my WIn XP machine for editing. I've recently upgraded to Win 7 and now my camera isn't even detected!

I'm using my original PCI IEEE 1394 capture card that came with Pinnacle Studio 8, which has been detected and installed by Win 7 as 'LSI 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller'.

I've looked around this forum (and others) but none of the firewire issues seem to have common solutions, they seem to depend more on the camera and cable than the OS or drivers.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a possible solution for this please?

Thanks, Phil.
    Pinnacle Studio Ultimate HD (14) Cameras: Sanyo Xacti VPC E1W (SDHC) & Sharp VL-NZ80 (MiniDV) System: AMD 64bit 2.6Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GT 240 (2815MB), Windows 7 64bit
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thintin View Post
    Hi.

I have been using a Sharp Mini DV cam for eight years and successfully transferring video via firewire to my WIn XP machine for editing. I've recently upgraded to Win 7 and now my camera isn't even detected!

I'm using my original PCI IEEE 1394 capture card that came with Pinnacle Studio 8, which has been detected and installed by Win 7 as 'LSI 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller'.

I've looked around this forum (and others) but none of the firewire issues seem to have common solutions, they seem to depend more on the camera and cable than the OS or drivers.

Thanks, Phil.
    HI, same problem for me same camera and pinnacle, used for years upgraded pc, cant do a thing with cam now, seems like theres hundreds with this kind of problem and the only way to sort it is to have an old pc just to use for uploading film from cam to pc , if you have an original driver for the vl-nz80 you may want to make it downloadable on vuse or suchlike seems like theres a lot of people with no driver, i have it but can no longer install driver for some reason seems like certificate problem all round
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thintin View Post

The problem is either Sharp being non-standard, or Pinnacle IEEE-1394 card issues. Are you using 32bit or 64bit Win7?

Try the camcorder on a newer Win7 machine or,

Try a different, newer IEEE-1394 card with return privileges.

You can also try WinDV for capture which works great under 32bit Win7 for me.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote