VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

I am looking for a suitable solution to primarily capture my PC footage on a hardware level.

I already tried software solutions such as FRAPS and Camtasia. They do fine for capturing video tutorials in Windows but when it comes to gaming, FRAPS causes a major FPS drop which makes it difficult to play.

I stumbled on the Hauppauge HD PVR several times now and it seems to be the perfect solution for my capturing needs.

But some points are still unclear:

Is it also possible to record at a resolution of 1280x1024 (as i still use a 4:3 TFT) or am i forced to choose either 720p or 1080i?

If that is possible, i would connect the HD PVR to one of my Graphic Card's HDMI ports.

Would it cause any problems to use the source computer also as recording computer apart from the loss of a little cpu performance (i've read that using another app than the official one to record brings you down from about 50% to almost 0% cpu-usage)

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your recoding option are only 720x480i or p , 1280x720p or 1920x1080i native tv resolution it dose not support vga native resolution

If that is possible, i would connect the HD PVR to one of my Graphic Card's HDMI ports.
    That possable but I have never try it my self, but you have to setup the graphic software to clone the output and you will need adapt hdmi to a component.
    Being the HD PVR is a hardware encoder there should be 0% cpu-usage with video perview off.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can use the same computer -- but you have to disable the display of the captured video in the recording software. Then all the software is doing is saving low bandwidth data from the USB port to a file. The supplied TME capture module has this option.
    Quote Quote