VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Gang - hoping for some guidance moving forward. I've been using DVD Shrink and NTI DVD Maker or Nero 6 on Memorex +R's - all have been working fine in my old DVD Player.

The Sony BDP-360 says "Invalid" on many (but not all) of my backups... - some play fine.

Any thoughts as to how to determine the best combination of Rip/burn and media so my future DVD backups will work on my Blu-ray player?

Thanks for any insight

Keith
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try different media and also DVD-R instead of dvd+r.
    Quote Quote  
  3. - Yup - that sounds like my next move - I just wasn't sure if there were any particular rip/burn settings that were the key to this - thanks for chiming in
    Quote Quote  
  4. I understand from an av installer friend that sony blu ray players are picky about playing burnt dvd's
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Excluding the possibility that your burner is at fault, your problem is:

Burning second-class media with Nero.

I have the same set-top player as you (2 of them, actually) and have burned, oh, at least 70-80 Memorex DVD+Rs the last year without a coaster and all play fine on the Sony BDP-S360. Mind you, I don't trust them for anything important. I use them for AVCHD backups that I can re-do at will from my library. Memorex DVD+Rs are usually made by CMC Magnetics.

Try this:

1) Burn DVD-Video with ImgBurn only. Forget Nero.
    2) Burn at 8x speed.
    3) DVD+R *may* be a problem, personally I booktype mine to DVD-ROM with ImgBurn. I'm not sure I ever tried to play a DVD+R on those players that wasn't booktyped.

Good luck.

[EDIT] And welcome to the forum. And on further reflection, corrected #3 above.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 26th Feb 2010 at 14:42. Reason: corrections/clarifications
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sony players are picky about media, try a DVD-R and burn with ImgBurn.
    These are NTSC DVD's you are backing up right?

EDIT: fritzi93 beat me to it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have a sony bdp-350 and it plays any type of media i've burned,the only time it didnt play was when the burner was having problems which got replaced.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote