VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ?I want to reduce the size of my ts files, and I have heard that if I remove reducdant tracks, the file will be much smaller without lossing quality.
    I found tsMuxeR and TsRemux which can do that, but I have no idea how to use those even I spend two days to google.
    T.T

I would like to ask which one is better or what is different.
    Also , how to use it?

Thanks!

=====
    wrong title ORZ
    should be: How to remove the rebundant tacks of *.ts?
    Last edited by UMO; 26th Feb 2010 at 02:32.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use TSMuxerGUI, open your TS file, highlight the tracks you don't want, hit Remove, then save a new version of the file. Test it, make sure you are happy with the new file, then you can delete or archive the old file.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Use TSMuxerGUI, open your TS file, highlight the tracks you don't want, hit Remove, then save a new version of the file. Test it, make sure you are happy with the new file, then you can delete or archive the old file.
    I have tried before, but there is two tracks only, one is the video, and one is the audio.

Is there any other setting I should change?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What that means is that you don't have any redundant tracks. There is nothing you can throw out to make you file smaller.

That leaves you two options. Keep the file as is and live with the size, or re-encode it at a lower bitrate (and perhaps lower resolution) to get a smaller filesize.

MeGUI or Handbrake can do this.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. These are the video with more than two tracks, how can I know which one can be removed?

and i found two files *.ts_new.meta, *.ts.new.nts
    what is the meta?? do i need to keep it?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Start with a player like The KM Player that will let you list to the different tracks so you know if they are the same or not. If they are kill which ever you like. If they are not (e.g. one is a commentary) then kill the one you don't want. You can probably also kill the H264 video track. Don't know what the meta file or where it comes from. So far you haven't given any background information on the source material at all.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm also interested in the source. 1440x1080i and 320x186p in one file is a rare combination for me.

In the USA, ATSC is broadcast as a multi-stream TS file, usually with one 1920x1080i or 1280x720p primary channel plus one to several 704x480i subchannels. 1440x1080i is used by some European broadcasters. Google references 320x186p as a cell phone video standard or as a "smartvideo DvD" in India.

"meta" would be meta data or descriptive information that may include instructions for playback.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote