VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a newbie clip-maker, so apologies for my ignorance. I use film clips from foreign films for teaching, so it's necessary to have English sub-titles at the bottom of the screen. I've done a nice little group of clips from a film, which when I play them in Video-TS files, are fine - the sub-titles are at the bottom. For convenience, I merged them all together via VOBmerge, only to find that the English sub-titles have disappeared. Would be grateful for any suggestions as to how I can merge clips without losing the subtitles. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Chances are the subtitles are still there, but no longer on by default. Use the subtitle button on your remote, or subtitle menu in your software player to turn them on. You can confirm if they are there using mediainfo.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very belated thanks to guns1inger for advice. (My absence from board due to v. bad case of ‘flu). Yes, I’m sure the subtitles are there somewhere, but as the merged clips appeared as a ‘Realplayer’ file, I’m stymied, as there doesn’t seem to be anywhere to click on for subtitle reset on Realplayer. The clips won’t play in Windows Media Player, nor in WIN DVD, which tells me ‘file has invalid format number’. So, I guess I’ll just have to try recording/merging clips by some other method, and I will try mediainfo. Many thanks for your interest. Josephine.
    Quote Quote