VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. In windows XP if udf 2.5 driver is not installed the Bluray iso cannot be viewed and will get error it is not Bluray format ... I searched everywhere I just found driver that worked on XP 32 bit version but I need it for XP 64bit. The links that say 64bit on download sites either don't work or are fake. There was one for some dvd drive but it did not install on the 64bit it looks for specific hardware and driver does not unload in temp file alone it is buried in dll's and exe's and unusable.
    Has anyone found udf2.5 driver for XP 64 bit ? I appreciate any information on this. I'm planning to get rid of XP 64 if I don't find anything.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is an update that's supposed to add some of this functionality, but it only adds the underlying API for code developers and doesn't extend the windows shell to let you browse the discs, so you may not be satisfied.

Windows Server 2003 x 64 and Windows XP x64 share a common code base, but because Windows XP 64bit is supposed to be supported through system OEMs, Microsoft doesn't always mark applicable updates. Sometimes to find the update you need you have to look at updates for Windows Server 2003. The Update you're looking for goes by the ungainly title "Image Mastering API v2.0 (IMAPIv2.0) update package in Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0". See the description at KB952011 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952011). The KB952011 page has a link to the download page. The download page has a table of downloadable components. For Windows XP x64 in English, IMAPI_SRV2003_x64.exe would be the one to download.
    From the support information on Microsoft it looks like all of their 64-bit operating systems, and several of the 32 bit operating systems need a version of this update to handle UDF 2.5 as used on Blu-Ray discs. I'm not sure what you would need to do if you change to a unix/linux derivative.
    Last edited by polychromeuganda; 20th Mar 2010 at 09:20.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same problem with XP x64, and searched for drivers. I read about a Panasonic driver that was supposed to work at the makemkv forum (MEIUDF-5.3.0.1_XP-X64_EN.exe). I gave that a try and after installation (and reboot) I found that I could now read my UDF 2.50 DVD AVCHD disks.

HTML Code:
    http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/DVD-RAM/_Weblinks#Microsoft_Windows
    The site is in German, but just use the direct link and password "DVD-RAM-Wikibook" to access the download.
    Quote Quote