VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi i merged a screen captured avi video with camstudio with an avi movie video...using avs video converter the problem is that my merged video have really bad quiality when its plays the screen captured video with camstudio

how can i fix the problem so the camstudio movie will apear good also in the merged video.

the camstudio video alone plays good

another description for the problem:

camstudio recorded video(good quality alone) + avi video(good quality alone) = merged video with avs video converter(here the camstudio part plays really bad quality)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Join with something that doesn't reconvert like avidemux or virtualdub(set to video->direct stream copy). This will only work if the video has same properties.

Or if you want/must to reconvert be sure use a good codec like h264 or divx/xvid and high video quality setting/bitrate.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi do u know how do i change my video to have same properties? so i can merge them using virtualdub
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    First, you must know which codec the "non-Camstudio" video was compressed with.

Second, you'll have to re-encode the camstudio file with the same codec
    (or same codec type --- e.g., DivX == Xvid == 3ivx,
    except for the respective 4CCs) as the 2nd clip.
    You'll learn how to tweak the encoder settings
    until this gives you the quality you want to obtain.

--- EDIT ---

P.S.: I'm assuming the screen capture was encoded with a lossless codec,
    being Camstudio 1.0 the best choice IMHO.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 24th Feb 2010 at 23:17.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi i merged a screen captured avi video with camstudio with an avi movie video
    And ?

Take note of video resolution conversions when merging

1: avi movies height x width
    2: screen captures height x width

If both are not identical (use gspot to determine differences) then merging can not take place

Beware to set camstudios FPS correctly to reduce problems later (match fps value of avi movie)

If video resolution for screen capture is larger than that of avi movie it is most likely to be re-encoded and downscaled ... which can degrade quality somewhat ... only way to reduce the effect is prior to screen capture set video resolution for system to lower screen resolution ... reset when finished.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is there out there any software that i can create a video with a type of text message in it instead of recording my screen and controlling the resolution?

unlike cam studio which record my screen but cant control the resolution
    Quote Quote