VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are there any command line tools to convert srt files to ass? I see that I can convert my srt files to ass with aegisub. Can this be used for command line input?

I have been slowly building batch files that allow me to dump a bunch of file in a directory and run one or two batch files to convert all the files to hardsub'd MPEG2 or XViD files. One of the last thing I am trying to address is the subtitle font/sizing. I haven't been successful in using Directvobsub to modify the defaults of vsfilter, so I am hoping to just switch to .ass files. I am hoping to find some sort of command line tool to feed the srt files that I stripped with ccextractor and output .ass files.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think I might have found a way to do this without a need for conversion to .ass.

I found this post on doom9.

It looks like I can make a default .style file that I can just copy for each .srt file. Style file looks like this:

Code:
    ScriptType: v4.00+
    PlayResX: 384
    PlayResY: 288

[V4+ Styles]
    Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, OutlineColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, Underline, StrikeOut, ScaleX, 

ScaleY, Spacing, Angle, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Encoding
    Style: Default,Arial,16,&H00ffffff,&H0000ffff,&H00000000,&H80000000,0,0,0,0,100,100,0,0.00,1,2,3,2,20,20,20,1
    I can edit the defaults in there and they are actually applied with vsfilter in avisynth!
    Quote Quote