VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good day to you.

i have been using jing capture software on a macbook to capture some talking head stuff for work, the demo version only captures in swf and no matter how hard i try i can find nothing to convert it in to a decent format.

on the mac i have tried handbrake but it cant recognise the format, on my xp machine i have tried super and that says it is not a vaild file, however if i play the files in a swf player the video is fine and it also plays back perfectly in jings history.

The files range from 50mb to 200 mb. i di also try swftoavi but it also says at the end of converting that a missing parameter makes the file invalid

if you can offer me any advice i would be most grateful or suggest an alternative freeware capture for the macbook that i so far have been unable to find in google without paying. It has to be freeware as i am using my works macbook and typically there is no budget for software!
    Last edited by surfmonkee; 22nd Feb 2010 at 06:50.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What exactly are you capturing ? Screen work, or from the webcam ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry i should have been more clear.

i have captured some video from a news website of 'talking heads' to use for examples in camera angles.
    so video from another website.

i didnt want to or try to download the original video from the website as i only needed short clips as examples.
    Quote Quote