VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using pinnacle 14 to capture analog video from my hi 8 camcorder. For some reason the video is very choppy while it is being saved, that is while the computer is saving the video the process is very jerky. When I stop recording and just let the camcorder play the video appears smooth and synchronized with the audio. I am using the dazzle dvc100 import cable to connect my camera to the computer

what can i do to make it work okay? I am using windows 7.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you play back the captured video, does it look OK ? It might be that Pinnacle cannot capture and preview smoothly at the same time. If this is the case, better to have a jerky preview and a good capture than a smooth preview and lots of dropped frames.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no, the playback has the audio out of sync with the video. the audio sounds earlier than the video, because of the video being jerky while recording
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A quick scan of some online reviews would indicate that this piece of kit is prone to dropping frames, even on higher-end systems.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder why pinnacle 10 worked fine with XP, and so I would think pinnacle 14 would work as well if not better. Man this sucks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pinnacle seems to have had a very chequered history, with some people swearing by one version, then screaming abuse at the next. If you do a search of the forums for pinnacle and read through the posts you get a feel for which versions were stable and OK to use, and which ones tanked badly.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote