VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some MOV files I'm trying to join together. The problem is their framerates are different, but only ever so slightly. For example, I converted them to AVI, and now I'm trying to append them together with VirtualDubMod. It returns the error: "The video streams have different sampling rates (24.03265 vs. 24.03276)".

Is there a way around this? My ultimate goal is to get these MOVs into a DVD file format so I can use DVD-Lab Pro to create a customized DVD.

I have been using MP4Cam2AVI, AVISynth, AVStoDVD, but these have all failed. Is there a way I can "fool" the application into thinking the framerates are the same?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you convert them to separate dvd mpgs then? With avstodvd. Then add all in dvd-lab pro or join before with videoredo.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's not really working. I tried converting the files to muxed MPG2 files, then combining them using MPG2CUT2. It gave me a MPG file without error, but it gave me an error when I tried to compile it with DVD lab pro. It seems it did not combine them properly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found out the problem with DVD-Lab Pro. I had a text link in the menu that was fairly long. It could not encode the subpicture, because it was too complex. Subpic is encoded using RLE algorithm and each compressed line cannot take more than 1440 bits (DVD specs limitation). When you add a link, the object you add the link to becomes part of the subpicture mask which needs to be RLE encoded. Apparently, it causes the RLE code for one or more of the lines passing through that object to exceed the maximum allowed length.

I reduced the number of characters in the text object, and the DVD compiled without error.
    Quote Quote