VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey Guys,
    Today my friend shot a video with my Nokia E71 camera...
    Anyway, he shot the video horizonally but in my camera you should shoot it Vertically.
    I googled ''How to rotate a video'' and it lead me to a site...
    In the solutions it said to use Windows Movie Maker which I don't have, So I have sony vegas 8, So I decided to use it
    I am not able to open the video with it!
    the Format is MP4!
    I tried dragging it to the board and Tried to manually open it..
    I tried to convert it with OJOsoft converter I got another error for not being able to read the video... although I can play it in Windows Media Player and Quicktime!
    I tried changing the name of the video from .MP4 to .WMV and I still can watch it... but still cant open it! I tried to use a 3rd party program to Rotate my video (Free Video Flip and Rotate) and it also cannot read my video!
    so please help me guys!

P.S. Not sure if this is the right spot to post this program... but..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Need more info on the video

Use mediainfo (view=>text) on the video, copy & paste the information back here

You can try avidemux to open it

Rotating requires re-encoding the video
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    On another site where I posted this thread... I was told to use aviduemax or whatever its called... and it did read the video but still, IDK how to rotate it there! (i dont know how to rotate it in Vegas as well)
    More info:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	242
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	485
    Quote Quote  
  4. Select a video compression (e.g. MPEG-4 ASP (xvid)) , then under the filters, use the rotate filter

just search google or youtube, there's lots of tutorials
    e.g.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNDBZpM7TO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xojYOfcQVKc
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I know how to use Vegas... Its just I never ran into such program...
    I managed to open the file in vegas after saving it from avidemax but now it opens without audio...
    I saved it as .avi and I can hear audio when I play it but not in vegas! Any help?
    Quote Quote  
  6. install xvid vfw to open the original video in vegas ; it might not work because vegas might not have a splitter for xvid in .mp4

You could try re-wrap original video into avi, with avi-mux gui , but audio will not work (because vegas doesn't have aac splitter for audio in avi container) (you have to re-encode to wav)

or when exporting from avidemux , save the audio as pcm wav instead of copying aac into .avi container

or export audio separately as wav in avidemux (audio=>save) , then import audio separate track in vegas
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    mmm...
    I am new to Avidemax.. anyway when I saved the video I clicked "Save Video" and then I named it xxxx.avi I didnt really get any sound or video filters... so can you tell me how to get those filters?
    Quote Quote  
  8. you need to select a compression to activate filters, then push filters

you can watch the tutorials if you want to see
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Dude!
    I LOVE YOU!
    IT WORKED! RENDERING IN VEGAS NOW!!! Thanks a lot!
    I appreciate it! Thanks!
    Quote Quote